Posted on: December 16, 2014
With the Christmas holiday season upon us, I have been thinking about how Santa Claus has a really strong personal brand. Here are five reasons why:
- Santa delivers on his promise, reliably year after year, on the 24th of December. People count on him to deliver presents and joy to billions of children in their own homes.
- He has a vast worldwide personal network and billions of brand ambassadors, who are parents telling their children the story of Santa Claus.
- He has a personal website with social media icons so you can connect with him personally (however the site is a bit outdated and could use a refresh.) www.santaclaus.com
- He’s got a very strong Facebook professional page: www.facebook.com/TheSantaClaus
It’s updated frequently, includes video, and features quotes that convey his personal beliefs and values.
- He knows his own superpowers and he is clearly differentiated from other icons such as the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny and the Jack O’Lantern. He clearly articulates the fact that he makes a list, he checks it twice, and he is going to find out who’s naughty or nice. You know that he is going to be coming to your town in a sleigh pulled by eight tiny reindeer. Those are what I consider to be real superpowers.
So let’s take a personal branding lesson from Santa and be sure that we deliver on our unique promise of value reliably year after year, that we constantly build our network of contacts, that we have a website that shows up when people Google search our name, we have a Facebook page that is regularly updated and most of all, that we know our superpowers and articulate them clearly to everyone in our network.
On the downside, Santa doesn’t have a LinkedIn profile. I would be happy to help him do that after the holidays.
Categories: Personal Branding Tips