Whitney loves Maine and enjoys representing the state in her role as international marketing manager for the Maine Office of Tourism. Her enthusiasm has endeared her to the tour operators and agents that she works with. That is just one of the hats that she wears, however. She’s responsible for the strategic public relations and marketing efforts for her clients, including everything from strategic planning to social media marketing and copywriting.
Loving the fast-paced PR & marketing field, Whitney does everything in her power to best serve clients ranging from nonprofits to the tourism industry. Social media marketing is also a key part of her work at Marshall Communications, and she regularly presents to Maine-based businesses and organizations on best social media practices, tips and trends.
Whitney specializes in all things travel
- Writing and scheduling social media posts
- Writing press releases, op-eds, blog posts and articles, and web content
- Leading discovery meetings as part of the Marshall Plan® process, and compiling the vast amount of material generated into the final document
Before joining Marshall Communications, Whitney was…
- A marketing & PR person for a busy real estate firm in Gardiner, Maine
- An intern at a local bank, assisting with the annual report and annual meeting, designing advertising concepts and writing press releases
In her spare time, Whitney enjoys…
Spending time outdoors, hiking, kayaking, fishing with her dad, or any activity with her black Lab, Libby. Traveling is also a passion, nationally, internationally, or just around Maine.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing management and a Master in Business Administration, both from Thomas College in Waterville, Maine.
151 Capitol Street, Suite One
Augusta, Maine 04330