Posted on: February 18, 2015
There’s an old saying, “Find a career that you love, and you’ll never have to work a day in your life.”
Or this one… “Figure out what you love, and find someone to pay you to do it!”
When it comes to branding yourself, it’s wise to do some introspection to figure out your superpower. That’s the thing that people always ask you to do for them, because they know you’re great at it. It’s also the thing that you love to do so much, you would do it even if you weren’t being paid for it.
Ask yourself these questions:
- What is the one thing people come to me for, or ask me to do for them?
- What gives you a feeling of sheer bliss?
- What comes to you naturally, so it doesn’t feel like work?
- If I could invent a job for myself, what would it be?
- What skills do I have that are unique to me, and others consistently notice that I do well?
It’s worth taking the time to think about the answers to these questions, and then writing your personal brand manifesto that announces your superpower to the world! You will attract others who are looking for exactly what you have to offer.
I wish you all the best in this journey of self discovery!
Categories: Personal Branding Tips