Posted on: November 7, 2018
After seeing a child obsess over whatever YouTube videos are the trend – videos that make your head hurt – you may think it is not the social media platform for your business. So, you might be surprised that YouTube is a fantastic platform for promoting your business on the internet. It is not just famous YouTubers making a ridiculous amount of money talking about video games or slime. YouTube is full of excellent searchable material on numerous topics created by companies and individuals, and viewers often use it to learn about their interests or educate themselves on a variety of topics. Your company can be a part of it very easily.
Here are some of the top reasons to have a YouTube channel for your business:
- It’s free! Creating a YouTube channel is free, you just need a Google account to sign up.
- Google owns it. Yes, the massive search engine company now owns YouTube and indexes videos for easy searchability. If you write excellent SEO copy on your channel, that will help it be found online. Use keywords in your titles and descriptions, and in the videos use captions and even transcripts of what’s said so the search spiders can crawl and catalogue it quickly.
- There are free online courses to help you build your channel. YouTube offers free web courses to help you get the most out of it. You don’t need a marketing degree to use the platform successfully.
- Each video you create is perfect for sharing on other social media platforms, like Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
- It’s easy to create content.
a. Start with interviews of your staff or a tour of your business. Let people see “behind the curtain.”
b. Have customers give video testimonials. If you ask five customers or clients for a sentence or two about what they love about working with you, you have an amazing promotional video to use on other platforms, as well.
- Show off new products. Video is excellent for giving potential customers a look at what’s new. A picture may be worth a thousand words, but a moving picture is worth even more.
Categories: Social Media