Our roots are in public relations. It’s where we got our start nearly 30 years ago. Today, we offer a variety of public relations services geared toward educating your target audiences about you and your brand, building community support for an issue or cause, influencing public opinion, and building your bottom line. What your public relations program will look like depends on what you want to achieve.
About a year ago, I had the honor working with your organization. Your team challenged me to think big…like LL Bean’s or something. I explained how companies like that couldn’t’ give little guys like me the time of day. Fast forward to now…we just landed a significant contract with Christmas Tree Shops. Thousands of our jugs of maple syrup are now being distributed to their stores. Thank you, Marshall Communications! — Michael Bryant, Hilltop Boilers
Because we have built a strong rapport with the local, national, and international media over our nearly 30 years in business, journalists pick up the phone when we call. We have literally thousands of contacts in our media relations database. They respect our ability to recognize a great story idea, reputation for seamless follow-through and ability to meet short deadlines. Curious about the process?
- We will work with you to determine your most-wanted media list based on the outlets your target audiences follow and trust the most.
- We’ll issue newsworthy press releases, use cutting-edge techniques to pitch specific journalists unique ideas that match their interests, and host press conferences when you’ve got big news to announce.
- We’ll contact hard-to-reach national members of the media using the latest social media tools and techniques, something at which our agency excels. We’ve scored some great coverage this way. It is one of our agency’s differentiating factors.
- We can schedule media tours, another way to give journalists an up-close view of what you have to offer, whether it’s a behind-the-scenes look at your company or organization’s operations or an advance peek at a new tourism attraction or product offering.
- We offer media relations services, including media training and preparation for individual media interviews. Good preparation is key to positive news coverage.
- We produce radio- and television-based public service campaigns to educate the public about important issues and concerns related to your organization while also building awareness of your brand.
- We can facilitate the creation of an online media room where journalists can get most of the background information and resources they need; including a company fact sheet, short bios on company executives, catalog of press releases, photography and video, links to past media coverage, contact information, and an optional sign-in feature that allows you to collect journalists’ contact information.
We believe that establishing and maintaining strong relationships with each of your target audiences is key to building a strong following for your brand and growing the profitability of your business. Through our relationship management process, we identify the most effective ways for you to reach your target audience and then structure tactics and programs to engage and influence them. This can include:
- Public speaking engagements
- Networking endeavors
- Conference and trade show attendance
- Letter-writing campaigns
- White papers
- Opinion pieces
- Special events