Posted on: August 4, 2020
Air Date: 8/4/2020
The world as we knew it ended, ironically, on Friday, March 13. That was the day that businesses, schools and institutions started to shut down due to the global pandemic caused by COVID-19. Businesses were impacted in countless negative ways, and the Small Business Administration launched loan and grant programs to prevent massive layoffs. In addition, social injustice started to take a front seat with massive protests related to inequality for people of color and sexual orientation. Now, in August of 2020, as businesses start opening up again, the economy is entering a recession, and for many businesses, the Payroll Protection Act money is running out. It is time for businesses to crawl out of the deep hole created by the pandemic in order to avoid long-lasting damage or even failure. Here are ten tips on how to position your business for long-term success.
In the episode:
- Strengthen your “tribe.” Listen at 1:28.
- Why it is important to embrace technology. Listen at 3:04.
- Find ways to touch your customers without actually touching them! Listen at 4:39.
- Make it easy for your clients and customers to find you. Listen at 6:31.
- How to update your marketing plan to reflect COVID-19. Listen at 7:51.
- Infuse empathy in your marketing communications. Listen at 10:43.
- Make sure your website is up-to-date and all your social media posts are current and not offensive. Listen at 12:00
- Not only do you have to abide by all the rules and processes for safety, but you need to tell people about it. Listen at 13:17.
- This summer, people are going to want to be outside and away from it all. Listen at 14:04.
- There is a new sense that life is short. Listen at 14:58.
“People love to give feedback, so if you ask them, that’s going to show that you care about them and you honor their opinion and that they are an important part of your tribe.” – Nancy Marshall, CEO of Marshall Communications & The PR Maven®
Activate the PR Maven® Flash Briefing on your Alexa Device.
Join the PR Maven® Facebook group page.
Looking to connect:
PR Maven Nation Twitter: @PRMavenNation