- Educate Augusta residents on COVID-19 safety precautions, vaccination information and safe voting procedures.
- Increase online engagement on social platforms and website.
The City of Augusta wanted to continue their work with Marshall Communications (MC) on the local Keep ME Healthy campaign. The goal for the campaign increase communication with target audiences to support local businesses and keep the community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. The City of Augusta needed public relations and marketing services to develop messaging, create content and provide people with quick and easy access to resources and important information. They were looking for ways to engage the business sector and public in the conversation around how to keep the community safe.
- Creation of a message map and talking point development for City spokespeople to use for media interviews.
- Interview coordination for City spokespeople.
- Website audit of AugustaMaine.gov.
- Worked with city staff to update website content and create one-stop shop for election info at www.augustamaine.gov/vote.
- Social media messaging and coordination to increase engagement.
- Professional copywriting and distribution for news releases.
- Proactive media pitching about positive newsworthy stories.
- Produced one television ad for use on social media and CTV 7.
- Produced two radio advertisements for use on local radio stations in the Augusta market.
- Created two PSA campaigns which ran on local TV, radio, online and print.
- Made improvements and updates to the city’s YouTube page.
- Launched the “Community Conversations about COVID-19” Webinar Series – a three-part educational series.
- Provided content ideas and marketing support for the Webinar Series.
22 pieces of coverage
47.2 M online readership
283,000 total estimated coverage views
1.31K social shares
Media coverage on the Webinar Series on WABI and in Mainebiz.
Augusta’s vaccination percentage was 77% as of July 2021, one of the highest in the state.
The video PSAs had hundreds of views on Facebook. The city’s Facebook page reached 57% more people in October and page likes increased by 15%. YouTube page had nearly 300 views in October 2020.
Coveragebook of results:
Voting PSA: https://youtu.be/X62dvCFWBqc
Vaccine PSA: https://youtu.be/OfcE_tFqmgM