- Educate the target audience about the hiring of Sara Rattigan, the new communications director and Deirdre Phillips, the new managing director
- Create a design that reflects the evolving Clay Center brand
- Use the report as a tool to educate donors and mental health advocates, including health care professionals, about The Clay Center and the organization’s mission and accomplishments
The Clay Center for Young Healthy Minds at Massachusetts General Hospital is a web-based resource to help inform and educate parents and other caregivers about the psychological development and emotional well-being of children, adolescents, and young adults who struggle with behavioral, emotional, and/or learning challenges. In March 2016, shortly after the communications director at The Clay Center left her position, The Clay Center tapped Marshall Communications to design the annual report. The redesigned 2016 annual report was distributed to stakeholders in May of 2017.
- An audit of the previous annual report was conducted, a list of the pros and cons of each piece was generated and new content was created. The design was also updated to include more iconography and images of the doctors.
- The report included a bio about Deirdre Phillips and Sara Rattigan to help introduce them to the target audience. As part of the report, a photo and thank you note was included for former Communications Director Liz Jarrell to let people know about her graceful exit from the organization.
- A photo was chosen for the cover that emphasized the type of children and parents of the children that benefit from The Clay Center’s team of doctors and the website content.
- Infographics and call-outs were utilized throughout the piece to break up text-heavy sections and highlight key takeaways, resulting in an easier read for stakeholders.
- A call-to-action was added to the back with the specific URL for making a donation.
- More authentic photos were used throughout rather than the previous report that featured far more stock photography.
- Content specific to the successes of its three doctors who provide content to the website on a regular basis was included: additional details about the nonprofits’ endeavors and successes including media results, speaking engagements and collaborations.
- The donate URL featured on the back of the report was viewed 530 times.
- Annual reports were distributed to stakeholders and also distributed throughout the year at networking opportunities.
- The annual report was added as a PDF to The Clay Center website for additional exposure.
- The report was completed in a period of three months and shortly after The Clay Center’s communications director left the organization. Marshall Communications and the new communications director, Sara Rattigan, worked diligently to ensure the report went out in a timely fashion despite the staff transition in the communications department.
Categories: Health Care